At Indigo Real Estate, we attribute much of our properties’ successes to the strengths of our team members and we are seeking an Assistant Business Manager who is passionate about customer service and driven to succeed. The position is Full Time, Tuesday-Saturday, in Kirkland, WA
We are looking for a highly-organized, energetic, self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced work environment and takes ownership in all aspects of their work. The successful candidate will possess outstanding customer service and sales talents, multitasking and problem-solving skills and the ability to react with appropriate levels of discretion and urgency to situations or events that require quick response and superb communication. This candidate will be passionate about providing exceptional service and hospitality to consistently exceed customer expectations, finding great satisfaction in helping to create a sense of community. They will also demonstrate a strong sense of initiative, a collaborative work style, and a strong work ethic, taking pride in accurate data-entry, accounting, reporting and administrative work product. This position may require weekend and holiday work. Physical aspects of the job include the abilities to lift and carry up to 35 pounds, standing/walking for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, stooping, climbing, and balancing.
Objectives of this Role
- Supervise and occasionally perform all activities related to apartment rentals, move-ins, move-outs, and lease renewals.
- Responsible for helping with the day-to-day property operations of the apartment community.
- Training leasing agents and other front office staff.
- Investigate and suggest solutions to resident complaints and issues.
- Timely, accurate recording of required data using Yardi Property Management software.
- Maintain accurate accounting for site level revenue and expenses including rent collection and timely submission of invoices and bids.
- Assist in weekly and monthly reporting, maintaining accurate resident files and affordable housing compliance, if applicable.
- Collaborate to support property marketing strategies consistent with established procedures.
- Assist in coordination and updates to advertisements and listings, especially via third-party Independent Listing Services (ILS).
- Preparing materials for annual budgets and ongoing monitoring of cost center expenditures and forecasts, adhering to financial targets.
- General support for the Business Manager, and other duties as assigned.
- Experience in supporting lease-up/property launch goals and timelines.
- Minimum of two years property management experience or administrative/accounting assistance.
- High school diploma or equivalent (AA or some college preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise quick and accurate judgement and maintain confidentiality
- Effective conflict resolution and customer service skills
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task with a strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Yardi or eSite/AMSI or other property management software preferred.
- [Optional] Tax Credit experience is highly required.
Indigo offers a positive, team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, performance incentives, and a full benefits package for full-time employment upon meeting eligibility requirements.
- Compensation is highly competitive based on experience
- Medical Flex-spend Account
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings plan with Employer match
- Vacation Time
- Sick & Safe Leave
- Additional employee resource programs