At Indigo Real Estate, we attribute much of our properties’ successes to the strengths of our team members and we are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor who is passionate about customer service and driven to succeed.
We are looking for a highly-organized, energetic, self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced work environment and takes ownership in all aspects of their work. The successful candidate will possess outstanding customer service, multitasking and problem-solving skills and the ability to react with appropriate levels of discretion and urgency to situations or events that require quick response and good communication. They will also demonstrate a strong sense of initiative, a collaborative work style, and a strong work ethic, taking pride in cleanliness, efficiency and accurate record-keeping and documentation. Physical aspects of the job include heavy lifting, carrying, transportation and manipulation of maintenance equipment and appliances, standing/walking for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, stooping, climbing, and balancing. This position requires some weekend and holiday work and the ability to be “on-call” for emergencies.
Objectives of this Role
- Responsible for supervising all maintenance of the physical condition and appearance of the property (grounds, internal, exterior).
- Organizing, coordinating and managing the overall maintenance operations including curb appeal, timely work request service, quality turnover / make-ready schedule, and cost-effective inventory control and ordering for the property.
- Assure all service requests are completed, daily.
- Generate and manage an effective on-call schedule. Able to perform effective emergency (after hours) maintenance, as required.
- Assist and lead Punch List for vacated units, ensuring the units are move-in ready according to company /ownership standard, re-inspect vacant or punch list units after make-ready has been completed to determine quality of work performed.
- Obtain bids and negotiate prices as necessary with vendors and contractors.
- Manage and maintain all contracts and warranties, diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide ongoing training and leadership to Maintenance staff.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in property maintenance.
- High school diploma or equivalent (BA preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise quick and accurate judgement and maintain confidentiality.
- Effective conflict resolution and customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize numerous requests and incoming information to ensuring an appropriate level of response and urgency is given to each.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task with a strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Yardi or eSite/AMSI or other property management software preferred.
- Current driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
Indigo offers a positive, team-oriented work environment, competitive salary, performance incentives, and a full benefits package for full-time employment upon meeting eligibility requirements.
- Compensation is highly competitive based on experience
- Medical Flex-spend Account
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings plan with Employer match
- Vacation Time
- Sick & Safe Leave
- Additional employee resource programs